1. Contact the AFSA Registration and Authorisation team to set up a meeting
We strongly recommend that applicants, in the first instance, engage with the AFSA Registration and Authorisation team. The team will provide an overview of regulations, application process and requirements.
Prior to completing the application forms, you are advised to undertake some preparation steps:
- Decide what type of business you want to carry out and check which Regulated, Market Activities or Ancillary Services you will need to apply for.
- Determine who will be part of the senior management team and who will be in the mandatory positions. Prepare to complete the necessary individual application forms.
- Develop a comprehensive regulatory business plan that sets out your proposed activities, 1-year financial projections and budget, necessary resources such as human, systems and financial. The regulatory business plan can be discussed with the AFSA Registration and Authorisation team who will be happy to comment on your proposal.
- Familiarise yourself with the applicable AIFC Rules and Regulations and be prepared to show how you will comply with them.
- Determine your minimum regulatory capital requirements, with which you will need to comply at all times.
2. Complete the Application forms
It is vital that you supply all relevant information. Openness and honesty are essential. Should we need to examine your application more closely because of any disclosures you make, this will not necessarily count against you. However, deliberately withholding information or providing false or misleading information will adversely impact the success of your application.
3. Application processing
A successful application will result in the AFSA issuing you an in-principle letter which will allow you to complete the registration process. We will then issue you with your AFSA Licence once you can demonstrate that you have successfully registered with the Registrar of Companies, have sufficiently capitalised the firm and have met any other outstanding matters.
4. How to contact us:
Please feel free to contact us at any time by clicking here.